The Embassy of Afghanistan in Kuala Lumpur issues Marriage Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei.
To apply for a Marriage Certificate, the following are required:
- The presence both partners is compulsory.
- Complete and duly signed Marriage Certificate application form.
- One standard passport size photo for each partner. The photos must be both recent and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents for each partner verifying their Afghan identity- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or their Afghan passports.
- Each partner’s Malaysian Passport/travel document and Malaysian visa.
- Birth certificate of their child, indicating the names of both parents, if available. Applicants that do not have a child or their child’s Birth Certificate must bring with them two Afghan identity guarantors with their photo IDs and proofs of address.The presence of two guarantors is compulsory when required.
- Proofs of address of each partner, such as, utility bills or drivers license.
- Fee: You may refer to the consulate of this Embassy to inquire the fee.
Note: Please download the Marriage Certificate application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a Marriage Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.