The Embassy of Afghanistan in Kuala Lumpur issues Birth Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei.
Please note that we do not issue original Birth Certificates. However, the document can be considered as relief information for the date and place of birth.
To apply for a Birth Certificate, the following are required:
- Application for this document by anyone over the age of 12 years must be made in person.
- Complete and duly signed Birth Certificate application form.
- One standard passport size photo. The photo must be both recent and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents verifying the applicant’s Afghan identity- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or an Afghan passport.
- Malaysian Passport/travel document and Malaysia visa.
- Fee: You may refer to the consulate of this Embassy to inquire the fee.
Note: Please download the Birth Certificate application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a Birth Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.
You may download the form from here.