The Embassy of Afghanistan in Kuala Lumpur issues passports only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei. Under current regulations, the Embassy can only issue ordinary passports immediately.
For other types of passport, such diplomatic, service, student and so on, applications can be made at the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation and information will not be processed and the fee is not refundable.
Passport Application – Requirements:
- The applicant must be present when he/she applying for a passport
- Passports are issued upon receipt of applicant’s credentials. Please ensure that you provide all the necessary details mentioned bellow:
- The applicant should provide Originals of their identification and all other supporting documents [e.g. proof of address, etc.].
- The applicant should print the Passport Forms [in original quality] and complete it before arrival
- The applicant should complete the form with black ink-pen and ensure it’s clearly readable before signing it.
- The applicant’s Signature should not exceed or touch the edges of the signature box as it will be printed in the passport.
- Stating Family Name (Surname) is compulsory
- Applicants should choose and fill one of the [Date of Birth] fields. Islamic (Solar Calendar) or Christian (Gregorian Calendar)
- Applicants should carefully fill in the [place of Birth] field, as your ID’s place of issue may vary from your place of birth.
- The applicant’s photo should be New, in White Background and the Photo Size should be 4 x 4.5
- Applicants should state their exact height in centimetres (CM)
- Fee: You may refer to the consulate of this Embassy to inquire the fee.
The decision to grant a passport will be made based on an interview, to verify the applicant’s identity. Applicants that do not have any original documents must bring with them two Afghan identity guarantors with their photo IDs and proofs of address. Identity verification forms can be printed from the application forms section.
Note: Please download the passport application form and fill in before you come to the Consulate Section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Embassy officials if a passport has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.